Tom Stoddart – Inspiration talk
Get inspired at this year’s World Press Photo exhibition with a lecture from six-time World Press Photo Winner, Tom Stoddart.
As part of the 2017 exhibition, we’re giving away 20 free spots to our Instagram followers at the inspiration lecture on 4 August with Tom, in association with Canon.
How to enter
All you need to do to be in with a chance of being at the event is to be available to visit the Parliament on the morning of 4 August, and email the following information…
– full name
– telephone number
…to RSVPEventsandExhibitions@parliament.scot with subject title “Tom Stoddart Inspiration Talk” before 4 pm on Friday 21 July.
The itinerary for the morning of Friday 4 August will include:
– 9.00am – 9.30am: Arrival / teas & coffee
– 9.30am – 9.40am: Welcome / housekeeping / Welcome from Scottish Parliament (Fiona McDougall, Exhibitions Manager and Art Curator)
– 9.40am – 10.30am: Reflections lecture (Sanne Schim van der Loeff, Exhibition Manager and Curator at World Press Photo)
– 10.30am – 11.15am: Inspiration talk (Tom Stoddart)
– 11.15am – 11.30am: Break
– 11.30am – 12.15pm: Guided tour around the exhibition
– 12.15pm – 13.15pm: Optional tour of the Scottish Parliament
The winners will be notified week beginning 24 July.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions apply, see below for details.
– Only one entry per person. Entrants must be over the age of 16
– Email must be in the Scottish Parliament’s inbox by 4pm on Friday 21 July to be counted
– 20 (Twenty) winners will be selected at random to attend the lecture
– Winners will be notified by email on week commencing 24 July
– Scottish Parliament staff are not eligible to apply
– No travel or accommodation costs will be covered for winners attending. Winners must make their own way to the Scottish Parliament
– Attendance at the lecture is not transferable and will only be valid if used by the person it is addressed to
– No cash alternative will be offered to winners
– Late arrivals may be denied entry to the talk
– All visitors must abide by our visitors code of conduct
– The information requested will be used for the purpose of contacting the winning entrants
– All information submitted by unsuccessful entrants will be deleted after the winning entrants have been contacted
– Winning entrants to this competition will be treated as having consented to their names and region being made available on request (unless they advise us to the contrary in their entry) as part of the Advertising Standards Agency CAP code
– This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.